13th Annual East Coast Buick Regionals

Discussion in 'Other Buick Events' started by BuickBuddy, May 21, 2009.

  1. Marco

    Marco Well-Known Member


    BQUICK Gold Level Contributor

    Any chance of a rain date for SUNDAY?
  3. bobc455

    bobc455 Well-Known Member

    I've found that the actual weather on a given day is the opposite of what's given in the long-range forecast (at least most of the time). So I'm going regardless.

    -Bob C.

    BQUICK Gold Level Contributor

    That's often true Bob....I'm hoping!

    I don't want my son driving up 95 in pouring rain with drag radials on the car. Even though they are DOT, I know how scary they can be.....:eek2: Especially since he's only had his license for 2 weeks.

    Might switch tires for the ride.
  5. Skyhawk

    Skyhawk Well-Known Member

    I don't think we can get a raindate because the track already has an event for Sunday that has been rained out twice this year already. I should be at the hotel by around noon on Thursday & post any news I get. If it is rained out everyone that preregistered will get a refund.
  6. Jimmy Conway

    Jimmy Conway The Gent

    Okay,now seems as good a time as any to ask these somewhat awkward questions:

    I'm new to the board,and I can see that it's a very close-knit community.I like that aspect of it very much,and I feel completely at ease but....

    I don't have a car to show (off)-yet-so I haven't had the pleasure of formally meeting anyone here in person,and I am planning on making the grueling drive from Baltimore to attend :grin: . I guess my query is this.....what's the best way to make everyones' acquaintance without feeling like the only one solo at the big dance? I don't want to intrude,but I would like to meet and greet one and all.....

    ....and see all the great cars of course, both on and off the track.:cool:

    Suggestions welcome...
  7. bobc455

    bobc455 Well-Known Member

    What exactly is the rain policy? As you are aware, the entrance fee is only a small portion of the overall trip expense (gas, hotels, tolls, missed time at work, etc.).

    If it will rain for only part of the day, will the track still open? I hope so.

    -Bob C.
  8. 68TriShield

    68TriShield Have a Cigar!

    You may not have a car yet,but you are a Buick guy and a forum member as well.
    I have only met a couple members so far.

    IMO,the best way to meet folks is with a smile and extended hand.I have yet to meet a old car guy or gal that didn't enjoy talking about our hobby.

    The weather sounds a little more cooperative for Saturday,Friday still sounds like a wash out.
  9. philip roitman

    philip roitman Well-Known Member

    Look on the BPG board WOODY's Fri night!!:Smarty:
  10. bobc455

    bobc455 Well-Known Member

    Yes, we are close-knit - a small community that knows each other. But we're all very open too, it's not a closed community at all.

    Think about picking up a chick at a bar, only more manly - walk up to someone whose car you like, and say "nice car". Then ask questions about it. Most (all?) of us are proud of our cars and like when people show interest.

    -Bob C.
  11. 68TriShield

    68TriShield Have a Cigar!

    Do you have a link to that forum Phillip?
  12. PhillyTurboSix

    PhillyTurboSix Buick Nut

    Just got a call from John Csordas and it looks like they are going to call Friday's events as of now and they will make a decision about Saturday's events tomorrow eve sometime. Figures this monster storm has to blow thru this weekend! :rant: I've been keeping positive attitude as these weather people can't predict anything other then a few days ahead but looking at radar it don't look good. It looks grim at this point but keep your fingers crossed for Saturday. I'll keep you guys posted either way. :mad: There is no rain date for this event as far as the car show. For anyone in the MAGNA points series race at this event on Saturday may have a rain date. I'll leave that info up to the MAGNA racers to post. :af:
  13. Joe65SkylarkGS

    Joe65SkylarkGS 462 ina 65 Lark / GN


    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    There's always a few good weekends at Etown still left!!

    She's my local track.
  14. bobc455

    bobc455 Well-Known Member

    As disheartening as that is, it's much better to hear that information now than Friday morning after I've made the trip! Thanks for the update, maybe John C. can post some more details.

    -Bob C.
  15. Jimmy Conway

    Jimmy Conway The Gent

    It's funny,I went back and read the this thread,and the answer came to me in a flash....it's basically what you both just said.

    ...that and the fact that I'm seldom at a loss for words,once I get started....

    You'll see....

  16. bobc455

    bobc455 Well-Known Member


    Since Jim's wording was a bit tentative ("looks like") I also called John Csordas to confirm.

    He said they are *definitely* canceling Friday. Decision on Saturday will be announced tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon.

    -Bob C.
  17. Hector

    Hector '79 Buick Limited

    Too bad that the weather is not cooperating this weekend.I cancelled my hotel reservations a while ago,it was going to be a good little trip for me,maybe next year.
  18. Skyhawk

    Skyhawk Well-Known Member

    Just to let everyone know prereg money will be refunded for Friday even if we get Saturday in for the event. I will make the call about Saturday on Thursday afternoon.
  19. Joe65SkylarkGS

    Joe65SkylarkGS 462 ina 65 Lark / GN

    Thanks John.
  20. BQUICK

    BQUICK Gold Level Contributor

    I'm bummed, I just bought new slicks for BQUICK. Now they are talking chance of SNOW Saturday nite. :Dou:

Share This Page