Discussion in 'Projects' started by Smartin, May 30, 2018.
That would be great, thanks!
@Duane did a write up on repairing them if you have the broken one. If not, I know I have a broken one if you strike out.
I can send you the one I fixed if you need it. It works.
I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Put it on my tab
Did you ever find a headlight switch bezel?
I haven't gotten an answer for certain yet.
I remember reading that.
Was that in the Motion thread?
Very nice work....
I got tired of looking at those nasty valve covers...although I’m now on the hunt for a passenger side chrome cover with no grommet holes. The one I have with the car has a hole in the back for something...grrr
I received the new woodgrain dash kit today, and it is decent. The wood is a bit dark, but the font is right. Fit pretty well, but had to trim some off the heater decal.
Radio and ash tray went in today, too.
I might have a valve cover I can loan you to make your deadline. I will have to check my stash.
Thank you Dave.
I looked high and low could not find the valve cover. Don't remember selling the set.
No problem. Thanks for checking!
Hood latch and support are installed, thanks to DL Hutson, Stage 1 Iron, and gsx455-4ever. Still looking for a couple little trinkets in that section.
I now have all the 4 speed linkage to complete that, and will work on it tomorrow. By the end of this week, I hope to have the cowl/wiper assembly done and the trunk painted. I need to roll it into the driveway to clean off the dust...getting thick. This next week is key to making this happen.
Haven't touched the stainless yet. Yikes. This "day job" stuff just keeps getting in my way
After fighting with the shift linkage for....ever today, I finally found out that the shifter mount is wrong. Yet another parts that was attached to this car that didn't belong to it. No fault of the owner, though.
Thanks to Brett Slater for the starter wire loom bracket so I could get that all buttoned up tonight. Core support cross braces are installed, at least hanging there until I get the bumper brackets on. Correct vacuum tree and idle stop solenoid are installed on the intake.
After finding out the shifter mount was wrong, I walked by the front of the car and hooked the hood latch pull and broke the clip that holds it on. So I am searching for another one.
Organized chaos. Mostly chaos. One week left.
Our intuition is that the paint on the grille is original, so we are not going to paint over it. There are some scratches and chips on it, but this isn't a perfect car. Our intent from the beginning was to retain as many original items as possible. That's hard to do with most of the big stuff, but since the grille is in pretty good shape, a good cleanup is all we are doing.
The consolette is installed. I had to relocate it just a touch forward and to the left. The shifter wanted to hit in reverse.
The carburetor appears to have been rebuilt and replated like new some time in the recent past, but mice used it as a pisser...so the secondary throttle plates were frozen solid. I worked at it for about an hour of-and-on tonight to get them freed up. Success! I'll go ahead and do a light cleanup on the guts of the carb and install it tomorrow.
I'll be locking myself in the garage for the next 5 days. Still haven't touched the stainless...
The big question is whether we'll be able to get it running.....