What connector is this behind the radio?

Discussion in 'Stock Appearing' started by Bogus919, Dec 22, 2013.

  1. Bogus919

    Bogus919 Silver Level contributor

    I'm installing a factory radio into my Buick to bring back the stock look of the inside. While doing so I found this lose gray wire with round connector. Does anybody know what it is for? I didn't see a spot for it on the radio. Thanks.
  2. clutchracer

    clutchracer Well-Known Member

    Light bulb socket?
  3. mrolds69

    mrolds69 "The Cure"

    Looks like the ashtray light socket. The holder is probably still in your car.
  4. Bogus919

    Bogus919 Silver Level contributor

    Never even considered that, and that's what it is. Thanks guys.
  5. mrolds69

    mrolds69 "The Cure"

    Throw a bulb in it, it should work.
  6. Dave H

    Dave H Well-Known Member

    Careful of the bulbs you use, some are too hot and will melt plastic around it. 68-69 lights over the ash tray area are known for this.

Share This Page