Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Discussion in 'The "X" bodies' started by Armygators, Nov 23, 2017.

  1. Armygators

    Armygators New Member

    Hi everybody need help replacing the a 1976 Buick V8 Skylark oil pressure sending unit. Do I need a special tool for this? I try the 1" socket and it looks like it fits but it won't go all the way in. Thank you.

    Attached Files:

  2. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    It helps to have the sending unit socket.

    Home Depot and Lowe's often have them in stock. But you might get by with a deep hex 1-1/6
  3. Armygators

    Armygators New Member

    Thank you for your help.
  4. LARRY70GS

    LARRY70GS a.k.a. "THE WIZARD" Staff Member

  5. newmexguy

    newmexguy Well-Known Member

    Home Depot or Lowes? Auto Zone, O'reillys, Advance, etc. certainly should.
  6. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    Yes. I picked up a set that has many sized sender/sensor sockets. KD tools, from Lowe's.
    Armygators likes this.

Share This Page