Flywheel question

Discussion in 'U-shift em' started by Carcrazy, May 24, 2023.

  1. Carcrazy

    Carcrazy Dan Whytock

    I need a flywheel for my 1972 455 and I have two on the shelf but I don't remember what they came off of. I'm guessing the smaller one (12" diameter) is a 350 and the larger one (approx. 13.5") is 455?
    Anybody have one from a 455 that i can compare measurements. I plan on ordering a dual friction center force clutch. Or should I just buy a new one from TA?

    Attached Files:

  2. 436'd Skylark

    436'd Skylark Sweet Fancy Moses!!!!!

    If it helps you any the bolt pattern to the crank is different between a 350 and 455..
  3. 1969RIVI

    1969RIVI Well-Known Member

    The 455 flywheel is the larger one, 14" across tooth to tooth. I just measured the one that I borrowed from Clarkie (Brad) for my dyno run last summer. He asked me to pop on here to confirm for you. Now to just return it to him finally lol:rolleyes:;).
    Clarkie and Carcrazy like this.
  4. Carcrazy

    Carcrazy Dan Whytock

    1969RIVI likes this.
  5. 1969RIVI

    1969RIVI Well-Known Member

    No problem

Share This Page