Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default Paul Senior car collection

Anyone notice in tonights episode the mint Cascade blue vert GS?

I didn't hear what he was talking about because I was dead set on seeing more of that car. Maybe I should take a drive down to the shop and ask for a peek at it!

Default Re: Paul Senior car collection

Just saw a repeat. Blue GS, blue GTO, red 442, yellow???? All convertibles.
    Jim
    1972 Skylark GS Convertible
    1972 Suncoupe
    1970 GS 350 (clone)
    1972 GS 455 project
    1970 Blazer
    1955 Olds 88

Cool Re: Paul Senior car collection

Ya I saw it, I even backed it up and showed the wife .

I have heard on the show before that he has a big Muscle Car Collection, a lot of them being GM cars.

Click Link:

http://www.designbyjoyce.com/paulsr/about.html
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter, BCA / BPG #2313
    Buick GS Club of America # 2943 / Northeast GS/GN Club

Now: 1970 Buick GSX Tribute Car, Stage 2 455, SP TB 400, 3.42 Positraction
    Before:
    1968 Buick GS California, Midnight Blue, 350 ST300, than a 1974 455 TB400
    1971 Buick GS, Lime Mist Green, 350 TB350
    1974 Buick Century Wagon, Dark Brown, 455 TB400
    2000 Buick Regal

Hmmm..he doesn't mention the GS in his list of cars.... loser!

Scott
    66 Buick Skylark ('70 GS 350-4 motor, TH350, 3:36 rear, more to come later)

Aaaa he is so aaaa stupid he thinks its aaaaa chevelle.
    Last edited by 69BUICKSTAGE1; 06-07-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    PRESENT CARS
    69 GS 400 STAGE 1 AUTO ONE OF 831
    69 GS 400 STAGE 1 AUTO REPLICA W/71 455 STAGE 1
    69 GS 400 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE W/70 455 STAGE 1 ONE OF 213
    69 SPORTWAGON 350
    89 ELECTRA ESTATE WAGON LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by 69BUICKSTAGE1 View Post
    Aaaa he is so aaaa supid he thinks its aaaaa chevelle.
    Uhhhh,Well, Uhhhhh, who's laughing all the way, uhhhhh, to da bank ??
    Alan W

BPG # 1048 - Charter Member
    NE GS/GN Club - 17 Year Member
    68/69 Buick StepChild Nation - 29 Year Member

What is a Buick StepChild ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 442w30 View Post
    ... They have awkward proportions from certain angles, and they look dumpy compared to their GM brethren
    ....'68 SportWagon400 "Sportn'Wood"..............'69 GS400 Convert "BigRed"..........

Aaaaa I am sorry that I have to aaaaa make fun of aaaaa someone that aaaaa treats his son the way aaaaa that he does.I aaaaa think he aaaaa is crying on the way aaaaa to the bank.
    PRESENT CARS
    69 GS 400 STAGE 1 AUTO ONE OF 831
    69 GS 400 STAGE 1 AUTO REPLICA W/71 455 STAGE 1
    69 GS 400 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE W/70 455 STAGE 1 ONE OF 213
    69 SPORTWAGON 350
    89 ELECTRA ESTATE WAGON LOADED

Family issues aside you have to give the guy credit he built an empire off of a business everyone and their brother is into (no offense to any motorcycle builders out there, I'm just saying its a popular trade) and they practically invented the idea of the theme bike (correct me if I am wrong) Sure its messed up that there are family issues but hey someone from my neck of the woods is famous! Thats pretty cool in my book, I pass the headquarters everyday on the way to work.

I always liked Indian Larry better. Seniors oldschool bikes are kinda boring and his newschool stuff was all designed by Jr.

I think it's interesting that he's having trouble paying the mortagage on his new complex but he's holding onto all his cars and his big piece of property. Seams like maybe he's planning ahead a bit and is willing to let the company die when he retires.
    "To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time."
    --Leonard Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tricolor72 View Post
    Family issues aside you have to give the guy credit he built an empire off of a business everyone and their brother is into (no offense to any motorcycle builders out there, I'm just saying its a popular trade) and they practically invented the idea of the theme bike (correct me if I am wrong) Sure its messed up that there are family issues but hey someone from my neck of the woods is famous! Thats pretty cool in my book, I pass the headquarters everyday on the way to work.
    Actually Paul Sr had a steel business before he got into bike building full time. I believe he sold the steel business to one of his other sons.

Tom B
    65 Gran Sport 4 speed, dual quad.
    04 Explorer Eddie Bauer.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister T View Post
    Actually Paul Sr had a steel business before he got into bike building full time. I believe he sold the steel business to one of his other sons.
    Yes Orange County Ironworks, his son Dan owns it now, I've been there a few times myself. I guess it goes to show he is a business man and I'm sure the reason him and his sons don't speak anymore is because his sons want the benefits of those business' he created. Junior wanted stake in OCC when really Senior only gave it to him because he never thought it was going anywhere and he did it to avoid issues. When Junior left Senior wanted that 20% of his company back and he wanted it for what it was originally worth which is zero. I can't say whose right or wrong but thats the gist of it.

What I find funny is that Senior gets pissed at Juniors work ethic when he himself doesn't do much work. Then again he owns the place though

Senior is wrong. The shares have a value and that's what he has to pay to get them back. Shares aren't sold at the value that they were at when they were purchased. If that was the case than there wouldn't be any investors since they would never see any profits. He's just lucky it's not a publicly traded company or he'd be in jail for falsifying the companys value to manipulate stock prices.

I will say that senior should be respected for his determination, and that junior should be respected for his creativity, but I wouldn't want my kid to end up like either of them. I think I'd rather have a kid like Vinny or Rick
    "To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time."
    --Leonard Bernstein

They are both very wrong when you think about it and both are too stubborn to see why. Junior wanted to be seen as the driving force behind OCC instead of part of the team and Senior wants what he believes to be solely his. Junior deserves money for his shares but at the same time Senior has a right to not want to pay even though he doesn't have a legal right.

I don't think either of them is right and I think they just shouldn't be in business together at all

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I like the show, but Sr. and Jr. are too much alike to work together. Not too much different from my oldest and me.

After all, sons grow up wanting to be like pops. I think they are more alike than some people think they are.

Frank Brooks, Austin, TX USA
    1969 Riviera
    WOT Charter Member
    2014 GMC Sierra SLT 4WD CC

Your all miising the whole concept here. The makers of the show realized early on that conflict was selling the show more than the bikes. Watch any show of similar content and you get the same thing, CONFLICT. Caar warriors, Desert Valley show, American Restoration, you name it stupid made up conflict and impossible to believe (or achieve) deadlines. Now you have this wghole thing where Paul jr leaves and starts his own place and he cannot even geta sign made! His logo is a banner on the side of the building. IMHO I think its all because the audience was shrinking thats why you have Sr VS Jr its all the same tired old crap. The shows producers decided to double down on the conflict and thats why I don't care to watch these type shows.
    John & Terry Kemper
    GSCA #4322
    BPG #1373
    72 Stage 1 Suncoupe
    72 Stage 1 Suncoupe clone
    70 Sportwagon

I change the Chanel when it comes on. The Y and R is more interesting! This stuff gives real builders a bad name! The only thing they are really into is $$$$$

All there bikes look the same .

Quote Originally Posted by staged70 View Post
    Your all miising the whole concept here. The makers of the show realized early on that conflict was selling the show more than the bikes. Watch any show of similar content and you get the same thing, CONFLICT. Caar warriors, Desert Valley show, American Restoration, you name it stupid made up conflict and impossible to believe (or achieve) deadlines. Now you have this wghole thing where Paul jr leaves and starts his own place and he cannot even geta sign made! His logo is a banner on the side of the building. IMHO I think its all because the audience was shrinking thats why you have Sr VS Jr its all the same tired old crap. The shows producers decided to double down on the conflict and thats why I don't care to watch these type shows.
    I think you are on the money. Ratings is the game and who knows what’s real and what’s not. I wouldn’t be surprised if Paul Jr’s shop is being leased form the old man. Have to give Paul Sr. credit for building two successful businesses.
    Joe
    73 Regal 10.70 @ 125