67 A body. window felt, squeegees, cat whiskers

Discussion in 'Interior City' started by Quick Buick, Jul 24, 2019.

  1. Quick Buick

    Quick Buick Arlington Wa

    You know that stuff that the windows on the door and q window.

    When I got my 67 2d ht the PO installed what I call Cat whiskers. The CWs that he used are 100% crap. And Just dont look right to me.

    My 67 4D sedan has squeegees. rubber only

    Was there a rubber/felt combo. used back in the day.. I found some stuff like that in the body of a car in the wreaking yard the other day. My old brain cells kind of remembers this was used in the cars I had in the old days.
  2. steve covington

    steve covington Well-Known Member

    Are you talking about 'flocking', the black short fibers that are attached to the rubber on the side facing the glass, that are attached to the door sheet metal, and a similar item attached to the door panel itself to contact the glass?
    https://www.npdlink.com/product/windowfelt-kit-oe-style-8-incl-inner/109026/7414 (Yes, I know it is for a Chevelle. The set for the 72 Chevelle was almost IIDENTICAL except one scre hole in the rear window curve.)
    OR>>> Are you talking about the window channel that goes around the TOP of the door (in a post coupe or sedan with a metal frame around the entire door?
    OR>>> the seal that goes between the front door glass and rear window that is attached to the rear window?
  3. Quick Buick

    Quick Buick Arlington Wa

    Thank you for figuring out what I was talking about.. I started writing the post question whatever, before I could finish things got busy around here and I posted it basically before I was ready,, I didn't proof read or edit... Then I find you helped me awesome

    yes the link you sent is what I’m looking for.... the question is is it the right material.. Their picture is lame

    I’ll get a hold of manufacturer and ask for a real picture

    Thank you
  4. GS Spoken Here

    GS Spoken Here Well-Known Member

    The best ones I have found and used are from Restoration Specialties, had them make a set for my 66/7 hardtop with wide chrome and the fit was good. If they do not list the one for your car, call them and send them your old set and they will make them.
  5. steve covington

    steve covington Well-Known Member

    Bob, I still don't know which part you are looking for... I posed several questions to TRY to find out. So... Which are you looking for? Inquiring minds want to know.

Share This Page