401 GS motor mounts

Discussion in ''Da Nailhead' started by Pat Guida, Jun 21, 2002.

  1. Pat Guida

    Pat Guida New Member

    Can anyone tell me where I can purchase new rubber motor mounts for my 66 GS?

    email pmg455@ma.ultranet.com
  2. Mark Ascher

    Mark Ascher 65GS.com

    Pat, you can get them re-vulcanized at Steele Rubber Products. Send them yours, costs about $75, and I think it took a couple weeks. They do not exist as new parts, believe me, I tried.

  3. GS Spoken Here

    GS Spoken Here Well-Known Member

    Cars, also has the mounts listed, they are exchange and more than Steele. The OEM part you are looking for is 1372540. I have one and have been looking for a few years for another. Has anyone out there had them re done by Steele? If they have what was the quality. I have also read something in some nailhead posts about using a small block Chev mount, and redrilling the lower hole. Buick has four, Chev three two top one center on the bottom. I have checked one Chev mount and the upper holes do not match, but could be made to fit. The problem I see is the width where the bolt goes through the frame pad the Chev is 1/8" narrower that the Buick, I am not sure it would fit. Any one out tried this? Thanks
  4. Mark Ascher

    Mark Ascher 65GS.com

    I did

    I had my motor mounts done by Steele, and I would say the quality, not to mention the service, was first rate.

    I also have heard lots about the Chevy mount swap. Apparently there are some guys out there that have done it successfully, and it sounded fairly straightforward to do.

    "You spend your money, you take your choice"

  5. Buickman62@aol.

    Buickman62@aol. Active Member

    Just got off the phone with Carmen Faso, He said he probably has some motor mounts there,give him a call 716-693-4090.
    Dan Drake

Share This Page